Seniors with Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer's have a broad range of needs. It takes a great deal of patience and kindness to lovingly guide them through this stage of life. Enlisting the help of a senior caregiver can provide many benefits, from social stimulation to an extra set of eyes and ears in the home.
For example, as occasional forgetfulness or lack of focus starts to be more pronounced, the caregiver can report this to the family and/or the senior’s physician. This allows them to track the progression of the condition and make changes to the senior’s care as appropriate.
Identifying if Your Loved is Experiencing Early Stages of Dementia
- Is your loved one, experiencing difficulty with:
- Non-Verbal Communication
- Is your loved one, struggling with short-term memory, such as:
- Forgetting where they left an item?
- Failing to recall why they entered a particular room?
- Forgetting to attend appointments, take medication, or keep up with other commitments?
- Is your loved one, struggling to communicate thoughts?
- Is your loved one, experiencing mood changes like depression?
- Is your loved one, losing interest in favorite activities or hobbies?
These may be signs of the early stages of Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer's. After consulting with your loved one’s physician, you should contact Seniors Helping Seniors® Central Virginia home care to see how we can be of assistance.
How can Seniors Helping Seniors® Central Virginia In-Home Care Services Make a Difference?
Caring for a loved one with dementia can be very stressful. Our caregivers help shoulder that burden so you can focus on spending more quality time with your senior. Our team members understand the impacts of memory impairment, and are trained in how to care for a senior with dementia and how to be of assistance to you.
When Memory Loss, Dementia or Alzheimer's pose serious challenges to the health and happiness of a loved one and are negatively impacting their relationships with everyone close to them, Seniors Helping Seniors® Central Virginia in-home care can be a valuable component of your support network.